Run by the Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service, these Drop In Clinics are sessions for parents / carers who have concerns about their child's speech and / or language development. You will have the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a Speech and Language Therapist. They will briefly assess your child, give you advice and agree a follow up plan, if appropriate.
The Drop In Clinic is for children who are pre-school age; Reception children will be seen as part of the school-based service.
What to expect?
- The Therapist will find out about your child’s needs through observation, play and/or informal assessment
- You will have opportunity to confidentially discuss your concerns about your child with a Therapist.
- Please be prepared to answer questions about your child’s general development
- We may offer you a further appointment if more information is required
- You may have to wait to be seen, depending on how busy it is. It is a ‘first come…first served’ system, therefore it is possible that if it is very busy you may be asked to come back to another Drop-In Clinic. If you arrive less than 15 minutes before the end of the session, you may not be seen due to time constraints
- Any other professional reports (e.g. Audiology, Paediatrician, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, other Speech Therapy reports etc.
- If an adult other than the parent is bringing the child, please bring written proof of consent from the person with parental responsibility (e.g. Mother, Father, persons named on birth certificate or Social Worker).
Did you know?
We have lots of extra information and advice for you if you are concerned about your child's Speech and Language - click here!