Understanding Relationships (based on the Freedom Programme) is a 6 week course for any woman who wishes to learn more about the impact of domestic abuse.
The aims of the course are:
- To provide an opportunity for women to develop ways of thinking and behaving to protect themselves, their children and others from harm
- To provide them with the knowledge they need to achieve this
The course objectives are:
- To increase women's ability to take control of their lives
- To recognise the impact of their life experiences on their own attitudes and beliefs
- To recognise the beliefs held by abusive partners
- To reduce any sense of isolation by beginning the process of sharing information about the reality of domestic abuse
- To begin to debunk myths surrounding domestic abuse
- To help women recognise potential future abusers
- To help women gain self-esteem and the confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
- To introduce women to community resources such as Women’s Aid, the Police Domestic Violence Unit, The Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre, local colleges etc.
This course runs for 6 weeks and crèche facilities are available for children aged 0 to 5 years. For more details and to book a place, please contact Bal or Ruth on 01727 827 621.
The Freedom Programme is also available as an online course for £10 - click here for more details.