Suitable for parents of babies aged 3-6 months, in preparation for introducing solid foods at 6 months of age.
Want some more information on introducing your baby to solid foods NOW?
Then click here to visit the NHS website, or the Institute of Health Visitors (iHV) has some great information available here, or there's the Infant & Toddler Forum's website - a one-stop-shop for practical tips and helpful tools, whether cooking everything yourself or using pre-prepared foods.
The Start4Life website also gives some great advice on the 3 signs that your baby is ready for solid foods.
There are also some great booklets available at the Children's Centre; if you want a hard copy then please pop in, otherwise you can download them by clicking on the following links:
- Building blocks for a better start in life
- Off to the best start - important information about feeding your baby
- Guide to bottle feeding - how to prepare infant formula and sterilise feeding equipment to minimise the risks to your baby.
- Healthy habits for baby and you - tips and advice for a healthy, happy baby including recipes for tasty meals
- Introducing solid foods - giving your baby a better start in life.
For information on Baby-Led Weaning (a way of introducing solid foods that allows babies to feed themselves - there's no spoon feeding and no purées), please visit their website by clicking here or click here to download a leaflet.
Can't make the fourth Thursday?
St Albans West Group of Children's Centres also offer Introduction To Solid Foods workshops once a month, as follows:
2nd Monday of the month
At Sopwell & Verulam Children's Centre, Mandeville Drive, AL1 2LD
1.30pm to 2.30pm
1st Thursday of the month
At the Principal Health Centre, Civic Close, AL1 3LA
10am to 11am
To book on one of these talks, please call St Albans West Children's Centre Group on 01727 841 324.
Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pmLocation:
The Alban Way Children's Centres @ Marshalswick
Sherwood Avenue Recreation Ground, AL4 9QL